The Christmas Markets in Vienna are an age-old tradition. Most traditionally found in a markets square in the middle of town, offering delicious food and warm drinks. The open-air stalls have homemade goods, and other goodies to stock up on whilst you're there. Don't forget to let the kids have a go on the fun fair rides too.
From the middle of November to the end of the year, the seasonal treats of candied fruits and roasted chestnuts, all under snow-covered roofs, make for a magical Christmas adventure.
Hallstatt Salt Mines
Ride the glass-sided funicular up the side of Salzburg mountain before entering the mine, take in the salt-filled walls glinting in the glow of the dim lighting and learn about the salt mines and the local area.
Then, walk the skywalk, a patio that hangs 12 m (40 ft) over the cliffside, with some breathtaking views.
Known to be one of the largest in the world, Eisriesenwelt is a 42-kilometres long, underground labyrinth of ice caves, accessible by two cable cars to the mountain’s summit.
Hotel Schloss Mönchstein
This fairy-tale hotel hints at its medieval architecture as a former fortress—a perfect place to stay to walk into the city of Salzberg and explore this magnificent place.
Do & Co Hotel Vienna
Featuring stunning views of St. Stephen’s cathedral, the DO & CO Hotel is the perfect starting point for your stay.
With a fantastic restaurant on the top floor and the sixth floor, you’ll find a stylish palm tree-accented lounge with vaulted windows that showcase the cathedral and square views below.
Schloss Fuschl Resort & Spa
Nestled in Austria’s ‘Sound of Music’ Salzkammergut region and overlooking the beautiful Lake Fuschl, this state-of-the-art spa facility provides modern luxury and comfort in a stunning 15th-century property.
Whilst there, enjoy a round of golf at the hotels’ golf course, take a boat out onto the lake, or enjoy the private beach and go swimming. A place to relax and unwind.
Flora & Fauna in Kaisertal
Kaisertal is one of Austria’s best-kept secrets. The valley with no cars is the perfect way to get away from it all.
Chamois, roe deer, badgers and foxes thrive in this unspoilt natural reserve—a beautiful place to wander and take in some breathtaking views.
Vienna, Salzburg, Hallstatt & Innsbruck
- Enjoy a Viennese waltz lesson from a professional in Vienna
- Walk in the footsteps of Mozart in Salzburg
- Take a private boat tour on the lake in Hallstatt
- Ride the Nordkette cable car to the highest point at Hafelkar in Innsbruck.
Salzburg & Austrian Lakes & Rivers
- A chance to see some of the most stunning scenery as you travel through Austria
- Mondsee (Moon Lake) is one of the biggest lakes in the Salzkammergut region and one of the warmest
- Rent a paddleboard or kayak and explore the water's edge that you can't get to on foot
Sound Of Music Inspired Tour
One of the world’s best-loved films.
- Pay a visit to the glorious gardens of the city’s Mirabell Palace, it was here that Maria and the children sang ‘Do-Re-Mi’ and jumped up and down the stone steps
- The Park at Hellbrunn Palace was the setting for Liesl’s rendition of ‘I am 16 going on 17’
So just to “name a few of my favourite things” on this fantastic tour.